Our company is looking for an experienced candidate for the position of Knit Designer and Production Manager.
We would love to work with someone who is strongly fashion-oriented, dynamic, flexible and a team worker.
You will be researching, directing, and designing the knitwear collection. The role requires excellent technical skills and a sharp eye on trends and newness.
Following this, you will be the production manager to make sure the production runs smoothly. This job involves planning, coordinating and controlling the manufacturing processes. As a production manager you’ll need to make sure that the costs, quality and number of goods are met. We are looking for someone who is strongly detail-oriented and excel at organizational tasks, project management, and knows how to take initiative.
- Contribute to the development of the knitwear collection together with the Art Director in a number of references, styles and colorways.
- You have a good technical knowledge and understanding of working with knit structures along with excellent colour and yarn knowledge.
- You have a strong ability to identify key trends for the season.
- Able to build relations with suppliers and advising factories on any necessary direction or print techniques.
- Leading the sourcing of new suppliers and qualities according to design parameters.
- Provide recommendations for raw material and garment development sourcing.
- Follow-up of the knit and t-shirt collection development, ensuring the accomplishment of price points, deadlines and quality standards.
- Onboarding new suppliers, negotiation of conditions and managing the relationships by daily communication and regular meetings.
- Manage sampling time and action calendar to meet key milestones and monitor on-time delivery of development samples.
- Drawing the garments for the linesheets of the entire collection (woven+ knit+ t-shirts)
- Help with the correction and communicate with the ateliers for the production of the woven, knit and t-shirt collections.
Manage quality control, and ensure all garments meet Rue Blanche’s standards.
- Excellent organizational, presentation and communication skills
- Detail oriented and able to multitask effectively.
- Ability to analyse and interpret data in order to have a clear, synthetic vision of the business. Deep dive into figures and field feedback in order to conclude insights and identify levers for improvement.
- Must possess sound business judgment, ability to identify trends, and excellent negotiation skills.
- A reliable, confident and outgoing individual who enjoys working with people and can adapt well to diverse audiences and environments.
- Positive, enthusiastic and passionate about the apparel industry
- Knowledge and understanding of fabrics, construction and print techniques.
- 5-10 years of experience in production or product development
Interested? Please send your CV, Book and motivational letter to firstname.lastname@example.org